PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip decision

beverley58beverley58 Member Posts: 7 Listener
ive just received money from atos for taxis for PIP assessment how long after this should i get decision 

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,297 Disability Gamechanger
    It takes about four to six wreks to get your decision but can be longer if your case is complex or heavy casr load in your area, request a copy of your accessment report it take about two weeks to arrive once requested.on receiving you should, will be able to work out, see what your award might be.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Decision times vary depending on backlog in your area. Some wait 2 weeks, while others wait 8 weeks or more.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • beverley58beverley58 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Im in Leeds i requested assessors report but they said they only sending them with decision now
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Im in Leeds i requested assessors report but they said they only sending them with decision now
    I got mine with the last three decisions. I'm in Kent
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    That's not true. They do send them out before a decision's been made. Try ringing them again, chances are you'll speak to someone totally different and they'll agree to send it out to you before a decision's been made. The same thing happened to me and i don't live in Leeds. The 2nd person i spoke to agreed to send it out, 4 days later i received the report, before the decision.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • April2018momApril2018mom Posts: 2,869 Member
    Ring them. You’ll probably speak with someone else so make sure that you have pen and paper to make notes. Remember that backlog is a real problem for many people who apply. Best of luck. Ask for a copy of the assessment report. Once you have the assessment report make sure that you read it carefully. Look for anything that seems inaccurate. Don’t forget to ask for a mandatory reconsideration if you need to. Do hurry though there’s a limited time frame in which you can request it. 
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Ring them. You’ll probably speak with someone else so make sure that you have pen and paper to make notes. Remember that backlog is a real problem for many people who apply. Best of luck. Ask for a copy of the assessment report. Once you have the assessment report make sure that you read it carefully. Look for anything that seems inaccurate. Don’t forget to ask for a mandatory reconsideration if you need to. Do hurry though there’s a limited time frame in which you can request it. 
    You can only ask for a MR AFTER you have received the decision notice. So there is not much you can do until that time.
Sign in or join us to comment.