Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Debt advice

petitegalpetitegal Member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi. Can anyone help. I have been sent a letter from a company that say they have bought an un paid energy bill of mine from e-on. It is a gas bill i owed but the meter was broken and after multiple times contacting e-on it was never sorted. Then i moved house. Dont know what to do as the amount is high and i am not realy accepting the debt. Any advice if i should contact tjis company or not. 


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,297 Disability Gamechanger
    Not sure if this will help, but if you can prove you contacted the supplier about your defective. / broken  meter, I am sure the gas service regulator will or should  intervene, all so contact your CAB for help and advice. If it is proven that you did your best to inform the supplier of the broken meter several times and nothing was done then, in fair play to you the company should incure the loss but it's proving you informed them of the faulty broken meter, surly the the meter reader would or should have seen, noticed it was damaged, broken when the annual or quartly meterreadings  where taken.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,005 Disability Gamechanger
    You won’t normally get a company who have bought a sold on debt to back off unless you have the involvement of a specialist debt adviser. 
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Phone National Debtline for advice.  They are very good.  Helpline no. will be on their website.
Sign in or join us to comment.