Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


debbie115 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
just starting our appeal process and hoping for a quick tribunal date, but its an average of 34 weeks, going to ring docs up n morning and ask for medical records to take with us and any letters i can get from hospital, the decision by dwp is a joke as is the whole process, its my husbands claim he has heart defect and neuropothy in his hands and feet and the first question he was asked was "what qualifications did he leave school with" followed by what school did he go to...unreal he has left ventrical failure an irregular heart beat that also beat to quickly and out of rhythum and he was asked about school


  • debbie115
    debbie115 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    looking for any help at all in making it a sucessful outcome

  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @debbie115,

    Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

    Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your claim. In terms of the tribunal, you may find our page on appealing a DWP benefits decision of particular interest, as it has lots of useful information about the appeals process which may be helpful.

    I've also moved this post into our dedicated PIP category, so other members of our community can offer their experiences and support. 

    I hope this helps! If you have any questions then please do get in touch!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.