PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Waiting for a PIP assessment

sally1966sally1966 Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
My son is 17 and has autism and ADHD.he went from DLA to pip and he scored 0points.I'm very stressed out iv been waiting since 11th November last year.to say his pup assessor was a liar is truly an understatement.don't know how much longer we have to wait.any advice would be grateful.

Replies

• thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sally1966   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing.  Sorry what has happened.

Have you appealed or have you complained. All I can add is to speak to your MP .

They are interested in what going on.   I know members of our community have done so.

All of the community can identify what you are going through. I am one.  Myself.

It is worth contacting CAB .  For any advice . I would suggest.

Have a look also at any of our benefit advice we have to get information.  Would help.

We are a supportive, friendly community . Care and share.   Hope we can be of help. Ready to listen.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Hello @sally1966   

Have you appealed or have you complained. All I can add is to speak to your MP .

That is unless you live in the Tatton constituency 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,931 Disability Gamechanger
    If he’s scored zero points why would you then be waiting for an assessment? The next step would be to submit a mandatory reconsideration request. Neither that nor lodging an appeal would ordinarily trigger a further assessment. I’m a little concerned you’ve been poorly advised to make a new claim?
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sally1966, when your son got 0 points did you appeal this decision? Is this the assessment that you are waiting for?
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.