Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi thanks for adding me. I wanted to ask, about pip payments. My hubby has severe epilepsy after brain surgery. First application for Pip they gave him enhanced mobility, so I appealed as I thought it better he got care component. The decision came back as not entitled to anything! So we appealed through a court hearing where they decided yes he was entitled. Took them months ,since Feb,and only now have they rung him to say he won his tribunal nd payment and a letter will follow shortly. No letter as of yet, but just had a payment of £145 from pip. I thought they had to pay back pay from original claim date or when they stopped paying you as you were appealing etc . Can anyone tell me what they actually do? Do they back pay you?? Thanks in advance for all your help
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.