pip payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip payments

Options
monie215
monie215 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi thanks for adding me. I wanted to ask, about pip payments. My hubby has severe epilepsy after brain surgery. First application for Pip they gave him enhanced mobility, so I appealed as I thought it better he got care component. The decision came back as not entitled to anything!  So we appealed through a court hearing where they decided yes he was entitled. Took them months ,since Feb,and only now have they rung him to say he won his tribunal nd payment and a letter will follow shortly. No letter as of yet, but just had a payment of £145 from pip. I thought they had to pay back pay from original claim date or when they stopped paying you as you were appealing  etc . Can anyone tell me what they actually do? Do they back pay you??  Thanks in advance for all your help

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @monie215, so your husband and yourself won the appeal tribunal?
    I won my appeal and received back pay from my award after F2F award until the date of the tribunal.

If your in any doubt I’d call the DWP and ask what the payment was for and from what date.

Sorry I can’t be of anymore help but call them, there’s probably a long wait on the phone but it will put your mind at rest 
  • monie215
    Options
    My hubby called them today and when he asked they said Oh yes back payment...well errrr.. . Yes i believe you will get it....
    I.do believe they were hoping he wouldn't ask!! 
    Back payment on its way!! 
    I
    My hubby suffers from severe epilepsy and now they have the 50/50 ruling with it more people with epilepsy will get their entitlement.
    Thanks for your help
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    I have just won my appeal (Thursday 16th August) for enhanced mobility after being turned down by DWP mandatory reconsideration in January 2018. I have spoken to the DWP to confirm they have received due notification  They confirmed they have and I should expect the arrears to be paid within the next week or two. A telephone call to DWP will probably put your mind at rest. Suggest you contact them about 8.30 am if you can  I will say this, I have yet to speak to a DWP representative who was not polite and willing to help if they could  Good luck with your enquiry.
    (Humans are the only animal that blushes, or needs to!) 
  • monie215
    Options
    Yes have done. 6 weeks after the decision result still no letter , we had the phone call to say he had won and yesterday £145.11 ..odd amount!? Phoned again today and they said back payments are running late..   think it depends who's running the case. 
    Thanks for your reply though!
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    monie215 said:
    Yes have done. 6 weeks after the decision result still no letter , we had the phone call to say he had won and yesterday £145.11 ..odd amount!? Phoned again today and they said back payments are running late..   think it depends who's running the case. 
    Thanks for your reply though!
    Not PIP but I had to wait 6 months before they restarted my payments for another benefit. They stopped it originally as they thought that we had moved!!! News to me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.