If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

May need to appeal, advice please

jules13 Community member Posts: 63 Connected
hi guys still early days I know but today I have received a copy of my report, a few things I do not agree with, can someone tell me how I get an appeal ready and what kind of evidence I need to supply to go in my favour. For example the assessor stated I can’t lower myself independently into a bath but has only stated I need an aid washing (b) which contradicts what she said about needing help to lower in the bath? But how can I get evidence on this? Also she has put that I can walk 20 metres and no more than 50 but I stated the furthest I walk is into the doctors with my crutches and I need to stop twice walking in there which is about 20metres from car park. Again how can I prove this? 


  • brodie1990
    brodie1990 Community member Posts: 7 Listener

     hi so sorry you are going through this when I got my report back my assesser made up so many things it was just a sheet of lies , we got letter from my carer ,my daughter did me a letter and one from my doctor ,when you your appeal highlight the things that are wrong with your report and send in letters with your evidence I did and my got sorted I hope this helps and I hope you get the outcome you want

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.