Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
May need to appeal, advice please
hi guys still early days I know but today I have received a copy of my report, a few things I do not agree with, can someone tell me how I get an appeal ready and what kind of evidence I need to supply to go in my favour. For example the assessor stated I can’t lower myself independently into a bath but has only stated I need an aid washing (b) which contradicts what she said about needing help to lower in the bath? But how can I get evidence on this? Also she has put that I can walk 20 metres and no more than 50 but I stated the furthest I walk is into the doctors with my crutches and I need to stop twice walking in there which is about 20metres from car park. Again how can I prove this?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.