Hi, my name is paulfen! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is paulfen!

paulfen
paulfen Community member Posts: 1 Listener
 Hi three years ago I was diagnosed with end-stage osteoarthritis in my right ankle, I applied for PIP and was refused. Please could anyone advise about re-applying, TIA 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @paulfen   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for sharing. I am sure you can still continue applying.  Have a look at the DWP website for qualifying criteria or look at our benefit information on PIP.

Might be worth contacting CAB for other benefit information and help.  Plus support for filling in forms and assistance.

We are a supportive friendly community who care and share.

Ask the community some one will know.

Ready to listen.

Hope that helps.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paulfen
    Welcome to the community! 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paulfen and a very warm welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you got turned down. Did you appeal the decision at the time? Before you reapply I would advice taking the PIP self- help test online as this may give you an indication about whether you may be entitled to the benefit. PIP is tested by what the individual is able to do in their daily life, regardless of diagnosis. If you feel that it would be worth putting in another claim then you can find out more about this here: https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.