Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hi, my name is seasideMark!
Hi everyone, my wife suggested I join to talk to fellow sufferers of dds. Diagonsed 10 years ago, had epidurals, various meds from morphine to fentynl, now on longtec, gabapentine, methocarbanol and fluoxitine. Really struggled coming to terms with giving up work and fighting side effects of my medications, but eventually I've accepted the hand thats been dealt(still have bad days, but dont we all) I hope i haven't come across to morbid and theres obviously a lot more going on, im sure once I feel comfortable with the group I will open up.
Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 613 Work and employment
- 513 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 684 Autism and neurodiversity
- 815 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.