Hi guys — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi guys

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @sani it is because money has become one of the biggest societal challenges for many in the disability community are facing.

Huge cuts in local government funding has lead to cuts in local services, with at least one council now facing cutting back on all services except those they are legally obliged to provide, and some of these are open to interpretation, like libraries and museums.

Ongoing cuts to benefits are eroding disabled people's spending power and a range of penalties (stopping peoples money) has lead to a number of deaths as people struggle to feed themselves, ensure they have electricity, or even food. Assessment processes which are having a negative impact on claimants mental and physical health. Loss of higher mobility payments also means a loss in independence and even the ability to get around.

Many of the posts you are referring to are not about money but a corrupt and unfair process which has long been recognised as not fit for purpose.

The main reason it is one of the biggest topics here is because it is one of the biggest challenges faced by many people.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 19 Connected
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sani    Having just read your recent post on about the community concerned for money.

Many of the community are deeply effected by the Government policies of this country.

Those like myself have worked hard , struggled and strived to make a living. It is extremely difficult for all of us who have suddenly become ill, disabled and ended up homeless.

Understand if you have money to live on and end up being in poverty though no fault of your own.  Being on benefits is the one thing of all the community do not wish to be on.

Nothing is worse and being reliant on a Government who harm and hurting is destroying the community. I represent and it is not very pleasant. Every day is a hard and difficult one for many of us. Who come on to this forum.

Supporting those who can not understand the loss of income, the loss of dignity the shame of it all. The brutal regime of constant assessments. I myself have seen many of our community whom I deeply respect. Be tortured and be dealt such blows.

Understanding how proud people go downhill to the extent they want to die and harm them selves. I always have every day a prayer in my heart for all.

Till you have been involved in charities and doing a lot of volunteering. Especially in Kitchens that belong to charities. Decent kind loving people queuing up for a meal because they have not much money.  To eat make a meal for themselves. Going to foodbanks set up by various associations, charities and the need for those to apply.

Seeing people of our community.who lost there employment status and now on the scrapheap all lonely and isolated because their social circle friends have diminished. Having to beg, borrow and hassle for everything from food to clothes on their back. To pay for a roof over their head. 

To realise that they many of them never work again.

Understand I am one and still it goes on the never ending roundabout, trying to just live.

Read the stories on here then you may just have a glimmer or glimpse what is really happening in this country.

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sani   I thank you for you comments. Lacking in friendly communication.  This forum, I do not think so. If you look around people of our community are very friendly supportive.

I live on my own and have always found some one to listen to or to listen to them. We share and care. Being that  community members who has a concern for every one.

Sorry if you feel that way.

All I can say but we have I hope been very pleasant and supportive to you. Having read your previous posts.

I am unsure what more can we say or do as a forum to be much more welcoming.

If we as a community have hurt you or made you feel unwelcome then I am very sorry.

I do think you have misunderstood what we as a  community are trying to do.  Our objectives and aims to the forum.  If you have been given the wrong impression of a forum.  Then I will be happy to explain to you.

You can read our guides and what we as a community are all about.  Have a look that might explain everything to you.

Community guide and Community house rules. Underneath all the posts and subjects, themes we all discuss.  In a black box.

Hope that helps and I apologise once again.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
  • Geoark
    sani said:
    @Geoark , that is to say This group helps the physically challenged ones to make a living and protect their interest, and only for American citizens right?
    Hi @sani just to be clear Scope is a UK based charity and most of the members are UK based.

• [Deleted User]
  • Geoark
    Hi @sani that is for you to decide, as I said most are based in the UK, and many of the discussions are UK centric. However there are some shared experiences where ever you live, and personally I always find it interesting to  hear of the experiences of those living else where in the world.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sani, we are a UK based organisation but that does not make your experiences less valid. A lot of discussions are focused around the UK benefit system as this is a topic that a lot of people need advice on. As you can see, our discussion boards do cover all other topics of disability as well. I hope you now have a clearer idea about the community but please do not hesitate to be in touch if you need anything :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.