PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP appeal

loulacy Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello All

My husband had a non fault car accident in 2016. He managed to continue working on and off until August 2017 and has now been bed bound for a year. He is bed bound as he has acute nerve damage and severe disk degeneration. I gave up work in December to care full time for him and we are also soon to be homeless as our landlord is selling the property (if it doesn't rain it pours eh)??!! He has only been awarded standard rate for mobility and daily living and despite a MR they have still awarded the same! So, I am in the process of appealing/tribunal and wondered if I should be his representative or should I seek help from Adult Care/Social Services? Thanks for your help.


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @loulacy   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for sharing. Sorry what has happened. I am sure as a community there are members who will be able to answer your question..

    Some one from our team might be in touch, I can only suggest that you have a look at our benefit advice on appeals and tribunals.

    May I also say we are a supportive community. Friendly, care and concerned for all our community.

    Hope that helps.

    Take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • loulacy
    loulacy Member Posts: 2 Listener
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,946 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @loulacy
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your current situation, I wish I knew what advice to give you, I wish both you and your husband for the best result
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.