Dwp assessments. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Dwp assessments.

Your thoughts please. When attending a face to face medical assessment how should we prepare for the physical part. Should we natural and attend without medication which helps our disabilities or should we attend with our body full of medication to help our needs noing full well that over a long period of time this will only damage our organs. The reason I ask is with out my pain relief I can not physically live anywhere near a normal life let alone be able to hold down any sort of job.


  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,457 Disability Gamechanger
    When you attend your acessment the acessor will already have details of any medication you are taking from the information you wrote in your applecation form. You may be asked to comfirm this and why you take a particular drug. The answer you give will allow the acessor to gauge how well you have of understanding your health and medication needs. The acessor should and must not ask or insist that you do any activities during the acessment that causes you pain or discomfort. When the acessor records your ability to complete certain movements they use terms of how many degrees you can move your limbs ect. Getting a copy of your acessment report will give you an insight of what your award could or will be. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,258 Disability Gamechanger
    A face 2 face assessment, isn't a medical. For ESA it's an assessment to determine your capability to do any type of work.

    If you take medication daily, then why wouldn't you take it on the day of the assessment? 

    As wilko says, if they ask you to do something that causes you pain and discomfort then tell them you can't do and why.
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Member Posts: 42 Connected
    What about pip medical assmememt as I'm not offer my area unable to travel 30 miles my care complex disability medical health too
  • o5jessica
    o5jessica Member Posts: 42 Connected
    I do get home visits not just medical practice gp. Dental health care services. I'm going through joint community care health care s care act assessment process too .
    On my medical records,too 
    I'm require record assessment by capita . Know I'm do not travel  not use public transport , 
      My town Thier is capita office too 

    Limited mobility one handed  


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.