Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip tribunal

eeyore19 Member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi my name is eeyore19

I am really confused with my pip decision.... I was awarded pip last year and then in December had to inform them a change of circumstance.. I then was sent another claim form and told I had to make a fresh claim which I did..... After six months of a lot of messing about, I had a home assessment and went from having the standard rate of pip to absolutely no points at all.... I am now awaiting my tribunal date.
As this has now been going on for almost a year now, my anxiety is through the roof and I don't know how long I have to wait for a tribunal date....
All this because I did the right thing and informed I have now been diagnosed with angina on top of everything else. 


  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,545 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @eeyore19 and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I know that tribunal dates can take up to a year to happen which many community members have also experienced. The community is here to offer support so please do let us know if there is anything that we can do! :)

  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,590 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2018
    It's always a risk to report that disabilities have got worse as so often assessors see this as an excuse to reduce or remove points.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    A change of circumstances need only to be reported if it is reasonable to assume that in doing so you would score more points than previously or that a reduction in points should apply.
    If the change is expected not to change the points then there is no need to report it. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.