PIP assessment result gone from high to zero points — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment result gone from high to zero points

shygirltina
shygirltina Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just received PIP assessment result and have gone from High mobilty to zero. As with others the ex nusre did not want to see the files a friend had collated and just ticked her form.
At the end she said that she could see that I was in considerable pain and short of breath so would not ask me to do any of the mobilty tests. I knew this was important so asked her to note that I was willing to give it a go regardless of future pain. The assessment has come back with 2  points and says that I refused the test. Help - I feel so low and dont know how to go on

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @shygirltina and welcome to the community.

Any evidence should have been sent with the PIP form, the assessor has a job to do within a limited time and generally will not look at additional papers.

Have you received a copy of the report? You will need to request a mandatory reconsideration, the letter you received should tell you how to do this and by when. Personally I would concentrate on the criteria and why you disagree with the report and definately mention you did not refuse to do the test. If you have additional relevant evidence to support your claim this should be sent in for the MR.

If you wish to complain about the assessor you have the right to do so, and there is help on the forum on how to go about this, as well as with requesting the mandatory reconsideration.

You are not alone going through this, and where the mandatory reconsideration fails for those who go on to appeal the success rate is high.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shygirltina
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Unfortunately I don't know how to advise you but I just wanted to wish you well and hope this gets sorted!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shygirltina and a very warm welcome to the community! I am really sorry to hear about this. Many of the community members have gone through a similar situation so I hope they can offer support and guidance about this. Have you thought about appealing your decision. It is possible for you to take your claim to Mandatory Reconsideration to have it looked over again. Information on the Scope website about this can be found here. If there is anything else that I can do then please do not hesitate to be in touch! 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.