Do I need To Contact PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I need To Contact PIP?

Options
yiuming
yiuming Community member Posts: 6 Listener
My mum is getting PIP and will be going on two holidays abroad in October and November (7 days for the 1st holiday and 12 days for the 2nd).

Does my mum need to contact the PIP enquiry line about this?

Comments

• yiuming
    Options
    I didn't mean to post the same thread twice.

If a Moderator reads this please delete this thread.

Thank you.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t think so, I think if your out of the country 28 days or more but you’d be better asking CAB or look at the DWP-PIP website 
  • yiuming
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you.

I did check the website and it said that you must contact the PIP enquiry line if, and I quote, "you go abroad."

But on my mum's entitlement letter it says "leave or intend to leave the country for more than 4 weeks, even if it's for a holiday."
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would try and call CAB but personally if it was me I’d take what the 2nd advice.

If everyone who was going on holiday reported this there phones would be in overdrive, that’s just my opinion.

Maybe @poppy123456 or @Username_removed can help
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @yiuming, I've removed your other discussion rather than this one as you've had some good responses so far!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,022 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It does indeed state more than 28 days and as it's 7 days and then 12 days less than the time stated. Some may say you need to ring to tell them but it clearly states abroad for more than 28 days then you need to tell them. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • yiuming
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you for the responses.

We won't call the PIP enquiry line then.

I assume the same is true for my dad who's getting Pension Credit (will also be going away abroad for 7 days)?
  • Academic12
    Academic12 Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    my dear, entirely up to you but if a letter tells/advises you to do something/inform them then indeed you do, well i would or you could get in trouble and lose entitlement or worse, by the way only trying to help as i would, you never know for sute who youre dealing with 
  • yiuming
    Options
    my dear, entirely up to you but if a letter tells/advises you to do something/inform them then indeed you do, well i would or you could get in trouble and lose entitlement or worse, by the way only trying to help as i would, you never know for sute who youre dealing with 
    My mum will only be going away for a total of 19 days. Less than 4 weeks as the letter specified. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.