Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
What happens at a developmental assessment?
Hi just looking for some advice on what to expect at my sons appointment. He is 19months hd words and lost them at about 14 months he now just babbles and squels (its ear piercing) he has been behind on most of his milestones. Been seen by salt, nursery nurse, and pediatrician (pediatrician said she was referring on to a developmental pediatrician as she deals mainly with his gastro issues milk allergy and sensory issues relating to food. He now has an appointment for the start of october (only 7 weeks after being told he was beng referred on) the phrase autistic tendancies has been thrown around alot with no one willing to really give any answers. I just dont know what to expect at his appointment , what to ask ect
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 938 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.