Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My cb esa was stopped Feb 17 after filling a benifits calculator in it advised me to apply for uc. I'm in the middle of tribunal court appeal at the moment waiting to hear from the upper court. Was asked to visit local jobs center today to verify my uc claim. After I did this to my surprise was told my existing esa claim would stop and any future uc would be means tested. My wife works 32 hrs a week I get bottom rate disembelament payment and the bottom care pip. Wished I had known as I wouldn't have done this. To many rules regs and confusion in this dwp for me. Just wish I was able to return to work.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.