Hi, my name is MARTINA55! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MARTINA55!

MARTINA55
MARTINA55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MARTINA55 and a very warm welcome to the community! Please feel free to have a look around and let me know if there is anything that we can do to help :)
    Scope

• MARTINA55
    MARTINA55 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    i need some advise regarding a pip assessment that my daughter had,my daughter has just lost her pip, and i need to know what do i do next
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MARTINA55

We have a PIP category here and some videos and information about the PIP appeal process that might help you? 

The process of appeal looks like this:

• Ask DWP to look at the decision again – this is called a mandatory reconsideration.
    • It's best to do this in writing and give reasons why you disagree. The address to write to is on the decision letter you have received.
    • You must do this within a month of the date of the original decision.

DWP will look at your claim and tell you their new decision.

• You have a month to ask for an appeal if you are still unhappy.
    • This must be in writing and it's best to appeal using form SSCS1 (pdf download). Download the pdf of guidance notes to help you.
    • You must state your reason for the appeal clearly and forward any supporting evidence as soon as possible – do not wait for the hearing.

If you need advice on completing this you may call HMCTS on 0300 123 1142.

You can download Form SSCS1 (pdf)  or get a paper copy from your local Citizen's Advice Bureau and Jobcentre Plus office.

You must complete sections 1, 2, 5, 6 and 8. Use black ink and block capitals.

Section 5 is where you must state your reasons for your appeal. You must write down the reasons why you think the decision is wrong. Your reasons do not have to be lengthy or written in legal language, but you need to say more than just 'I disagree'. Explain simply why you think the decision is incorrect and what you believe the correct decision should be.

Send your appeal to HM Courts and Tribunals Service. If you live in England or Wales you should send your appeal to:

HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre
    PO Box 1203
    Bradford
    BD1 9WP

Telephone: 0300 123 1142

Don't forget to sign the form and enclose your mandatory reconsideration decision letter.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.