Chronic pain and the weather. I would love to communicate with new people — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain and the weather. I would love to communicate with new people

Dmb1975
Dmb1975 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
ood afternoon,

My name is Darren

It is a pleasure to be part of this community it is very much my wish to be part of the conversation and if I can help someone along the way and reach out and make some social connections, this would make for a lovely experience.

I suffer from Cerebral Palsy and the associated difficulties this brings as I age chronologically and physically.  One of the difficulties is global pain induced by random muscle spasms I have my good days and bad days.

Does anyone else notice their pain increase as the cooler weather sets in as we head for those autumnal days here in the UK?

I would like my time with this community to be a positive one and I look forward to communicating with new and interesting people.

If anyone is having a bad day please do not hesitate to get in touch, I would love to chat to you, I know what it is like to suffer from chronic pain and feel lonely and isolated because of it.

I am sending my positive and healing energy to those in pain today.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

All the best Darren

Comments

• easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Hi Darren Thanks for your positive energy IT makes me feel better.
    I am lucky I do not suffer from physical pain. I hope this is a good day for you. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dmb1975, and a warm welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing this with us, I'm sure many others will have experienced similar things themselves with the seasons changing!
  • Dmb1975
    You are more than welcome.  Today is an okay day for me which is good, I like okay days.  They make the good days feel special and in the mean time I am not having a bad day.  Thank you for wishing me a good day.  

May you have many more good days ahead, I will always endeavour to respond if you fancy a chat.

All the best Darren 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dmb1975 and a very warm welcome to the community. I too have CP and can definitely relate to what you are saying! Cold weather has always increased my pain and muscle spasms. It is amazing what the slight change in weather can do to our muscles! In colder weather I am often found with hot water bottles and blankets. 
    Scope

• Dmb1975
    Hi Chloe,

I hope today is a good day for you I hope your muscles spasms are greatly reduced today, I to have found that the application of heat on to my muscle spasms offers the best form of relief.

I do not know whether it is the same for you but I tend to feel more isolated in the colder months or any day when I feel the need to rest because of my muscle spasms, this is one of the main reasons why I joined this online community.

It is lovely to talk to a fellow CP user, again I do not know whether your body is the same but a muscle spasm tends to disappear from one part of my body and reappear in another part of my body like an evil magic trick.

I also have a baclofen pump.

Thanks for reading.

Have a great Saturday, all the best Darren 

• colindunne
    colindunne Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi Darren yes the slightest change does make a massive difference to your pain unfortunately.The warmer it is the easier the pain seems.Would of been moving abroad as mine was caused in an accident and I should have received a substantial sum but now it looks like I can’t prove causation and am going to lose.So have spiralled downwards since at the thought of having to go through British winters,autumn even spring and summer can be bad.Thanks for your thread and good luck for the future.
  • Amanda3468
    Amanda3468 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Darren
    i am a long term chronic pain survivor as I’ve got severe nerve damage to both hands and reynaulds in hands and feet also I have a slipped disc in my lower back!
    also had a cervical anterior discectomy in 2009 as my hands were hurting and they said if I don’t have it done I would be in a wheelchair !!
    this caused my nerve damage and I’m in constant pain which has caused my depression and I’m finding it hard every day.
    I had an op at st Thomas to have a nevro device implanted in 2015 and it helped for 6 months and it stopped working so had the wire replaced and since thin it did not work so had it removed in 2017 and now live on morphine and loads of others to get through the day !!  Amanda 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.