Can I get PIP living in a guesthouse? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Can I get PIP living in a guesthouse?

Peterrobeets Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can I get my pip living in a gesthous 


  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Peterrobeets
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately I am unsure however another member of the community may know and will be in contact with you soon :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited September 2018
    Hi @Peterrobeets,

    Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

    Have you checked out Benefits and Work's PIP self-test? It's a handy tool which should give you on idea of how many points you could score in a PIP assessment.

    In terms of the daily living component, Citizens Advice have some useful information on what this section of the benefit concerns:

    The daily living activities

    To get the daily living component of PIP, you must have a physical or mental condition that limits your ability to carry out some or all of these activities:
    • preparing food
    • eating and drinking
    • managing your treatments
    • washing and bathing
    • managing toilet needs or incontinence
    • dressing and undressing
    • communicating verbally 
    • reading and understanding written information
    • mixing with others
    • making decisions about money
    Action on Hearing Loss has specific help if you can't express or understand verbal information.    
    You can also find out more about the eligibility criteria for PIP on the Gov.UK website.
    I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch!


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.