Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi all I was getting ESA benefit until I had my work assessment which I failed saying I was fit to work I've had 2 operations on my spine due to disc problems I had another Mri scan in 2016 which showed I've got bulging Discs starting at T8-T12 and prolayped disc L5.S1 scan also shows arthritis I struggle every day to walk and have to take high doses of medication to try and control my pain my sleep pattern is all over the place I sleep more during the day my wife wrote a letter to dwp saying how badly I was treated at my assessment an ask for a mandatory reconsideration which I received a letter this morning saying that they haven't changed there mind has an body else on this site had same problems as me
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.