ESA and uc — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA and uc

hello. I am new to this so please bear with Me. September 2017 was my first time being unemployed a welfare officer came to my house to help me claim ESA after the form was completed she said I think you should claim pip. All this was new to me. So she did the pip form for me and off it was sent. I think then I got an interview with the job centre. The coach was very nice. I then was put on the contribution base of ESA. Of 73.10 per week. I had a appointment with pip in March 2018 that went well and was told I had qualified for the daily standard rate. I thought great as I would never have claimed this benefit if it was not for the welfare officer. I the moved so I had an appointment with my coach who told me to claim housing benefit. The confusion started here. I now was transferred to UC so I had housing benefit from UC. All was fine until I had a letter from ESA to say my benefit would stop after 365 days. I then had an appointment for a health assessment and had to fill in a UC health form. I was awarded LCWRA from UC which was another 328 per month. My question is why was I not put I the support group from ESA which would have meant an extra financial benefit money and free prescriptions . Hope you can help I am so confused about claiming ESA and UC . I have contacted ESA but no one seems to answer my questions 
thank you


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.