PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

pip letter for claiming road tax

bessbearbessbear Member Posts: 4 Listener
can anyone please help . i took all the paper to post office for my road tax. i was told the letter from the dwp was not the right one.
i rang the dwp they sent me out the letter i thought i needed. yet again the post office said it was not correct . to be fair it was the same letter as before  just a new one .

the letter says ''your statement of entitlement
dear mrs  ????
thank you for asking for a copy of your pip statement.
your statement shows of your pp award.it also shows which rate you ve been awreded along with the start date and end date .

the post of says i need a certificate. 
is they anyone here with one that they have used for claiming raod tax ...if so can you tell me what i need to ask for when i re ring the dwp .  thank you 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It's not the PIP award you need. In with the decision letter is a separate certificate that states your entitlement to the free road tax, it's this you need and not the PIP award.

You're only entitled to the free road tax if you have Enhanced mobility. If you have standard mobility then you're only entitled to the 50% reduction.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    It's called the entitlement certificate. See link.

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • sue66sue66 Member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    This is true hubby only got the standard and is still entitled to the 50% reduction but there doesn't seem to be a  form one can send off for to get this and no question to answer on any other one or the link above  to say you have the standard rate. 
    sue66 said:
    This is true hubby only got the standard and is still entitled to the 50% reduction but there doesn't seem to be a  form one can send off for to get this and no question to answer on any other one or the link above  to say you have the standard rate. 
    This is because the only way to claim the 50% reduction to send all of your documents, including your PIP award letter to DVLA. See link on how to claim this.

Sign in or join us to comment.