Thanks to all — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thanks to all

cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
.I am having a very painful day - took a shower and put on my top and starting crying from the pain the shoulder.

Others here have spoken about the chronic pain that is now the everyday normal. I am still in the [process of accepting it as not something that will go away.

Now I am going to find some positive things

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    There is something that helps when the pain is continuous and that is that your body becomes used to the pain and the brain will shut some of it out. It's quite amazing what a person can "get used to". I get horrendous nerve pain in my right lower leg which has been rising for about 5 years and yet I am so used to it that most of the time I don't notice it, it's just how I am.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Hi. heat helps with the pain.
    Hotish showers.
    Heat pads you put in microwave.  
    Thicker socks. 
    Stronger shoes.
    Layers of jumpers/cardigans.
    Ware a vest.
    Thick gloves
    It all helps to releve pain 
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Thanks for the suggestions. I do have a heating pad that covers my neck and shoulders, but never thought of putting on warmer clothes or gloves.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.