Reporting a change to PIP, do payments stop? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reporting a change to PIP, do payments stop?

Stephenfl
Stephenfl Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all dose anyone know if payment stops if you report a change to pip
Thank you Stephen

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Yes  you will be re assessed and get a new award so you could end up getting less
    Only report a change if you are sure that your new information is going to alter your point scoring on the descriptors
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    No.  You keep your current payments until after reassessment. 

A a word of warning.  A lot of people have said that after reporting their disabilities getting worse they have lost not gained points!  You might want to consider if it might be better to wait until your next review.
  • dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    When you say they reassess you when  you report a change of circumstances is that another f2f or do they just write back to you onlt asking as dont think could handle going through it again at for a couple years many thanks for any help on this please
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    It's another face 2 face assessment as most people have them. Be very careful when reporting a worsening of condition because it doesn't mean you'll be awarded more points. I'd recommend getting advise before doing this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dignifieddoll
    dignifieddoll Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Thank you for your help will give it some serious thought 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.