Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Anxiety &depression &stress
Ive read what the person who sent me my desision letter and im concerned i have suffered with depression &stress since the sudden and very unexpected death of my son 2009 and after talking with my gp andR/A Specialist nurse they both diagnosed me with depression &anxiety but because of other meds for R/A that i was and still taking i was prescribed tablets that i have to daily at certain time of which i was told would help with depression &anxiety and help me rest at night.the assessor wrote that i wasnt stress and didnt seem anxious .i was terrified could feel heart thumping and was shaking etc when i tried to explain that i cant cope very well meeting people or going outside of my home and would rather not meet people or converse as in my head im thinking that people are staring at me because use a walking frame and walk on side of my feet at times because pain in my feet is so bad .they probably not but as i say its what i think .it says on letter im not taking meds for depression or anxiety so my points were deducted what can i do about this as i cant stop thinking about and my husband is concerned about me he thinks i may do something daft but i just cant help thretting and i feel like im going crazy and find myself thinking more and more of my late son its nearly all day not just a few times as it was before all this pip stuff started but cant explain very well.thought was making progress but i feel this has knocked me right back to 2009 can anyone help re explaining to pip about my depression meds please
- 55.4K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 843 Work and employment
- 601 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 305 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.4K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 709 Chronic pain and pain management
- 720 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 315 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.