PIP help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP help

tracey58
tracey58 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tracey58
    Welcome to the community! Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @tracey58   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining. We are a supportive community. Care and share. Friendly.

Please ask anything. Some one will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • tracey58
    hi all,i joined as im at my wirs end,i have not been awarded 1 point from pip.
    i have lots of issues,the main one being my hips being replaced,ive asked fir a mr
    and had a phone call saying my claim was being looked over again with all the medical info.
    i have bad nerves,i am on valium for this,af,,oa in my back arm and both hips,im on morphine patch andliquid morphine,just really need to know if i stand a chance at mr.
    i was on dla fir 18 years 
  • tracey58
    if there is anyone who can help,or point me to someone i would appreciate it,it is so wrong ,i cannot beleive this can be allowed,
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @tracey58 Thank you for reply. Understand all the stress, anxiety and everything else.

Around PIP. To reassure you  are not alone here.  Members are going through all of this have to admit to you.

Do not know the answer but know we are here to support and give you advice .  Information and plenty of support.

Have a look at our advice, information on Talk about PIP.

Have you got any body who is supporting you.? 

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • tracey58
    ty spice an,no i havent got anyone supporting me,but im so worried about all this,im having a major operation and cannot pay anyone to help me 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tracey58
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are going through this.

Just to be clear, you have been through the PIP assessment and scored zero and now you have requested a mandatory reconsideration and your "claim was being looked over again with all the medical info."

So when you went for the MR, did you go through this process

• It's best to do this in writing and give reasons why you disagree. The address to write to is on the decision letter you have received.
    • You must do this within a month of the date of the original decision.
    DWP will look at your claim and tell you their new decision.
    • You have a month to ask for an appeal if you are still unhappy.
    • You must state your reason for the appeal clearly and forward any supporting evidence as soon as possible – do not wait for the hearing.
    If you need advice on completing this you may call HMCTS on 0300 123 1142.
    You can download Form SSCS1 (pdf)  or get a paper copy from your local Citizen's Advice Bureau and Jobcentre Plus office.
    You must complete sections 1, 2, 5, 6 and 8. Use black ink and block capitals.
    Section 5 is where you must state your reasons for your appeal. You must write down the reasons why you think the decision is wrong. Your reasons do not have to be lengthy or written in legal language, but you need to say more than just 'I disagree'. Explain simply why you think the decision is incorrect and what you believe the correct decision should be.
    Send your appeal to HM Courts and Tribunals Service. If you live in England or Wales you should send your appeal to:
    HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre
    PO Box 1203
    Bradford
    BD1 9WP
    Telephone: 0300 123 1142
    Don't forget to sign the form and enclose your mandatory reconsideration decision letter.

If you can give us a bit more information, we might be able to help.

Or if you would like to speak to someone, you can call our Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333, this is a free service
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Only about 17% of MR decisions are successful, so most decisions remain the same. Good luck and hopefully you'll be one of those 17%.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracey58
    hi all
    ive just had my mr result
    3yeRs on hrm
    o for care-i scored 7 points- 1 amiss,should i take the risk for 1 point.
    i hav3 just had thr
    i also have af,chronic pain syndrome,anxiety,hypertension,and am awaiting an mri on my back which has oa badly.
  • tracey58
    this result came through within a week,on reading paperwork its as though the lady is showing me how/ were to get the extra point from,also i hadnt had my thr,so obviously now i need lots more care 
  • tracey58
    when i applied for pip i was given  zero points on both care and mobility,and the operation hadnt taken place,so as u can imagine im going to need help/ care until at least my follow up at the orthaepidics 
    ty for any advice,
    1 point,i cannot beleive it 
    ty for reading 
  • poppy123456
    Hi,
    You will need to get expert advice before asking for the Mandatory reconsideration because when asking for this they look at the whole award again and not just part of it. No one here knows how your conditions affect you and it will be impossible to advise you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tracey58
    Yes
     it I was only askin peoples opinions
    im - point  at a loss, I cannot get in and out the bed 
    I’m on a vommode
    kve had a major operation

• tracey58
  • poppy123456
    For PIP, you also need to expect the condition to last at least 9 months. The operation may not have been taken into consideration if you're expected to improve in those 9 months. Usually people have surgery to improve their qualify of life.
  • tracey58
    omg 
    why are you ( poppy) so nasty
    i have nervous disability
    hypertensitio
    af
    chrinic pain syndrome
    my left hip needs replacing
    i have bad back
     its as tho you are judge n jury
  • tracey58
    my operation was for a variety of reasons

• tracey58
    i also have an echogram on a regular basis
  • poppy123456
    I wasn't being nasty and i'm sorry you thought i was. The reason i advised for you to get further advice before asking for the MR is because it's extremely difficult to advise anyone on an internet forum when no one knows how your conditions affect you daily. No one can tell you if there's any risk in asking for the MR because by asking for this you can lose everything you already have and no one can advise if there is a risk, so i said to get further advice. I'm not judging you because there's nothing to judge because i have no idea how your conditions affect you.

I said about the 9 month rule because it's true and usually a Consultant will only operate if there's a chance your condition will improve.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    tracey58 said:

and had a phone call saying my claim was being looked over again with all the medical info.

ive just had my mr result
    3yeRs on hrm
    o for care-i scored 7 points-
    This is the second post from different posters advising that the DWP are making telephone calls to try to help get a decision for the claimant after they have made a MR
    Has the government been issuing happy pills or something to their staff at the DWP?

I have never heard of this happening in the whole 23 years that I have been claiming DLA, IIDB, IB, ESA & PIP.

Mind you and if this is another ploy and not yet understanding why they are doing it, what would happen if a claimant does not have access to a telephone or internet?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.