PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment

Options
SMW83
SMW83 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,

In April I was sent the forms to be reassessed for PIP which I returned immediately with up to date medical evidence (dated in April).

Yesterday I received a call from Capita asking me to provide new medical evidence as this was now ‘outdated’ and they would require new medical evidence to proceed with my claim. However, if they had acted on the evidence when it was sent to them or even within the time frame they are meant to process claims, this would be up to date evidence. I also advised them that nothing has changed since the evidence was provided to them but they are still requested new evidence.

From undertaking previous assessments, I was also under the impression that past evidence and such was taken into account so I’m not entirely sure why this evidence could be regarded as out of date.

If anyone else has had this or can offer me any advice, it will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• SMW83
    SMW83 Community member Posts: 108 Courageous
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Very much depends on the medical conditions. Very unlikely to make this sort of request for long term conditions. Much more likely for short term ones.
    I have suffered from for the last four years and continue to suffer from PTSD, Agoraphobia, Depression and Anxiety. The DWP have a wealth of evidence from my GP, Social Worker and  Cognitive Behavioural Therapist from my last assessment which was conducted less than 18 months ago (all which state my illnesses are likely to be long term) and a letter from my GP from May this year that states that my illnesses have not changed (other than certain aspects worsening due to a long and protracted issue I have had with the DWP).
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Very much depends on the medical conditions. Very unlikely to make this sort of request for long term conditions. Much more likely for short term ones.
    I like that comment and wish it was entirely true though it may well not apply in all cases involving long term chronic conditions.
    As you know I originally made a claim for PTSD back in 1995 and was awarded IIDB. The last assessment I had was in 2013 where the 'DWP doctor' signed me off with an indefinite award as the psychiatric report stated that the condition will not improve with time and that recent tests have proven that the condition had been made worse by frontal lobe damage not previously reported or tested for.
    (I suffered a head injury in an assault along with being shot with two 9mm bullets in the stomach. I was airlifted and the bullet wounds and damage were repaired with surgery - the head injury was stitched but along the way I never had a head CT scan)   

Yet the PIP assessor with the DWP agreeing that despite them having a copy of the psychiatric report and a copy of the DWP doctor's opinion they still said that I did not have any mental health difficulties as proven by 14 one line cut and paste comments.

No wonder the NHS is in the state it is in with Mental Health services making up diagnosis's and letting me suffer for 18 years with brain damage that nobody spotted. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.