PIP tribunal success! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal success!

yvonnea
yvonnea Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been in receipt of DLA since 2004. In July 2017 I received the first letter saying Ithat it would be coming to an end and I went for first interview in August 2017. A nurse only filled in the blanks on a computer. I then received a letter saying I had been awarded standard rate Livi g and standard rate mobility . My car went back in April this year. I used citizens advice for help at the beginning to make the mandatory reconsideration was in in the correct time, and later to apply for a tribunal. Citizens Advice were helpful but I had to wait for four hours each time I went. My papers went into Court November 2017 and my hearing was yesterday 17 Sept 2028. Luckily for me the person before me had cancelled and we were asked to go to Court earlier. I was seen by a Kudge, a Doctor and a disabled man. The hearing lasted one and a half hours and was asked many many questions. Be prepared for a hearing and answer truthfully, as there was a few questions that could have tripped me up. 
Finally I am pleased to say I was awarded the two extra points I required and told I will be able to get my car back. Altogether it has taken eleven months so you have together patient and make sure you follow the time limits when following the next stage. I worked in law myself all my working life, and I found it full on. My son went with me and I was glad he was there. Good luck to anyone going through this, it is torturous.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.