Hi, my name is Fran20458! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Fran20458!

Fran20458
Fran20458 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had my PIP assessment earlier this year previously I was in receipt of the Higher rate of both Disability and Mobility now I am receiving PIP I have lost a large part of my allowances as they have put me on the Standard rate, I had previously been on the Higher rate for around 20 years,I can't be in need of something for 20 years and suddenly be so much better I don't need it any more, I will never get any better but some days are worse than others I was having a good day when I had my assessment, meaning  that I was still in pain but I could move about a little easier on that day, and it seems that is what they assessed me on, not the fact that most days are 10 times worse and sometimes I can't even get out of bed through that pain, these assessments are to take from us money we are actually entitled to, my opinion is that they have brought this PIP in so they have a way to  reduce our money with the Politicians backing instead of catching those who are claiming when there is no need to claim, catch them and the money for real disabilities would not have to change

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.