PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Unsuccessful mr

Bdh2008Bdh2008 Member Posts: 14 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
hi have received my mr decision today which has still awarded me 0 points for bipolar disorder basically because I drive I have no problems functioning. I only drive 3 times a week to do the school run which is a familiar journey. So how do I go about an appeal would need some help as I really don’t know what do to thanks 

Replies

• markyboymarkyboy Member Posts: 374 Pioneering
    You do not get points awarded just because you have got bipolar PIP is not about conditions its about how your condition affects your ability to carry out the descriptors that is how you get points
    If you are claiming PIP just on the basis that you have bipolar you are wasting your time appealing because it can take 12 months to get a hearing
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Hi @Bdh2008
    PIP is about how your impairment affects you not the impairment itself.  You can try filling in the PIP self test that will give you a better idea of how you fit into the points system.

If you want to appeal the decision, we have lots of information about this here.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.