Unsuccessful mr — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Unsuccessful mr

Bdh2008 Member Posts: 14 Listener
hi have received my mr decision today which has still awarded me 0 points for bipolar disorder basically because I drive I have no problems functioning. I only drive 3 times a week to do the school run which is a familiar journey. So how do I go about an appeal would need some help as I really don’t know what do to thanks 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,414 Disability Gamechanger

    Only 17% of MR decisions change and most have to take it to Tribunal. You now have 28 days to request the Tribunal and to do this you need to fill out the SSCS1 for, make sure you send the MR decision letter with the form otherwise the Tribunal will not accept your appeal.

    Another thing to remember is PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it depends how those conditions affect you daily. There's more to PIP than just following nd planning a journey.

    I'd advise you to contact your local welfare rights or CAB for help with the Tribunal process, good luck.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Disabilty Rights UK site has a guide to PIP appeals.

    PIP is awarded for how your conditions affect your daily living and mobility not for the conditions themselves.
  • Bdh2008
    Bdh2008 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Thank you both I just don’t know how to word my appeal I gave lots of evidence but they went on my assessment which was lies and basically ignored everything else 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Only 20% of MRs succeed so be disheartened because 71% of appeals win.  Try to get some f2f advice from CAB or similar, or local authority welfare rights.

    In your appeal submission say which descriptors should apply and why.

  • Bdh2008
    Bdh2008 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Thank you I’m not good on the phone and am struggling to leave the house at the moment so it’s difficult. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.