What are my rights to get help with work and benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are my rights to get help with work and benefits?

Eve2003
Eve2003 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm new here. 
Thank u for accepting me. 
I have fibromyalgia. Trigeminal neuralgia,  ibs, I wear two hearing aids. 
problems with my feet too. 

Looking for some advice as still work but a very noisy and stressful place. What are my rights to get help with this? ?
Would I be entitled  to  any benefits  if I was unable to work  ??? Its getting so hard. 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Eve2003
    Welcome to the community! Please check out all the information in this section; what benefits am I entitled to. As for the noise level I am unsure however another member of the community may be able to advise you and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    @Eve2003 hello and welcome , i have fibro, ibs and hughes syndrome and others and my mum has trigeminal neuralgia in her face and it disables her face when it strikes, you have all of that and still manage to work, wow, well done, im sure theres lots of information on here to help you, take care x
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,351 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you spoken to your employer about reasonable adjustments? If not then i'd advise you to do this. See this link about reasonable adjustments in the workplace.
    If that doesn't help then SSP is payable for 28 weeks, before you can claim ESA. You'll need a fit/sick note from your GP to be able to claim SSP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Eve2003 and a warm welcome to the community! I hope the above information has helped and if you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.