If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Dhiraj my 2 years 4 months son have Cerebral Palsy

Options
dhirajprasadg
dhirajprasadg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited September 2018 in Cerebral Palsy Network
I would like to know the treatment available for my son suffering from CP in Norwich ,

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,935 Championing
    Options
    Hi @dhirajprasadg
    Welcome to the community! @Chloe_Scope, @Richard_Scope would you be able to suggest anything? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Empowering
    Options
    @dhirajprasadg welcome x
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,638 Scope online community team
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Good morning @dhirajprasadg
    Thanks for your post and welcome to our online community. I have found some information and groups local to you that might helpful Norfolk Community Healthcare and Each Support Group.
    I would speak to your G.P. or Paediatrician about the treatment options for your son. These might include:
    Physiotherapy
    Hydrotherapy (which is exercises in a heated swimming pool)
    We also have lots of information on the community such as Therapies and support from other Parents and Carers
    If I can help further please do let me know. :)

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,665 Championing
    Options
    Welcome to the community @dhirajprasadg :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • dhirajprasadg
    dhirajprasadg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Good morning @dhirajprasadg
    Thanks for your post and welcome to our online community. I have found some information and groups local to you that might helpful Norfolk Community Healthcare and Each Support Group.
    I would speak to your G.P. or Paediatrician about the treatment options for your son. These might include:
    Physiotherapy
    Hydrotherapy (which is exercises in a heated swimming pool)
    We also have lots of information on the community such as Therapies and support from other Parents and Carers
    If I can help further please do let me know. :)

Thanks Richard for sharing information . I  would like to know list of parents contact whose children have CP and they have gone through Clinical Trial of Steam Cell Therapy .

• Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,638 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @dhirajprasadg
    We do not have such a list. 

My understanding is that when it comes to stem cells being a possible, safe and reliable treatment for cerebral palsy, things are still very much at the research stage.  

In my opinion, a good source of impartial advice about stem cell research is the EuroStemCell website:  

They have a page specific to cp: 

Personally, I would be confident that if there are any significant, peer-reviewed future breakthroughs with research EuroStemCell will publish about it. 

Scope
    Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.'

Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our

chatbot

and let us know.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,581 Championing
    Options
    Hi @dhirajprasadg and a warm welcome to the community! I don't believe I have anything else to add but I wish you the very best of luck and please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help :)
    Scope

If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.