Can you appeal a PIP decision from 3 years ago? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you appeal a PIP decision from 3 years ago?

sharon67
sharon67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was rewarded pip on the 7th October 2016 I wasn't awarded any mobility component cos I only scored 4 points on the undertaking a journey to avoid causing significant mental distress  will I have to reclaim or will my claim get ready looked at .thanks 

Comments

• sharon67
    edited June 2018
    Hi there can someone help me with the new guidance ruiling for pip.in 2016 I scored 4 points for the mobility component for planning and following journey causing overwhelming distress will my claim be looked at again thanks .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You'll just have to wait and see on this one i'm afraid. DWP have 1000s of claims to look through, if you're owed money they will contact you.... sometime in the future. How long this could be is anyones guess.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sharon67
    I was rewarded pip on the 7th October 2016 I wasn't awarded any mobility component cos I only scored 4 points on the undertaking a journey to avoid causing significant mental distress  will I have to reclaim or will my claim get ready looked at .thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They will only be looking at those who's decision was made after 28th November 2016. As your decision was made before this date then they won't be looking at your award again. During your next review it could be possible to score the points for an award in the mobility part but it will depend on how your condition affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    During your next review it could be possible to score the points for an award in the mobility part but it will depend on how your condition affect you.
    and not forgetting what you put on the claim form and how you interpret your condition with regards to the descriptors.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sharon67 and a warm welcome to the community! You would probably have to claim again as you have gone past the time to appeal. However, how long have you been given your award? You may be due a review soon, in which case it may be worth waiting until then and then pushing for the mobility element of the claim. You can also use the PIP self- test to get an indication of the points you could be awarded. This is only a possibility as an assessor may score you differently. I wish you the very best of luck and please do let us know how you get on :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.