Diary of a Disabled Person. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Diary of a Disabled Person.

Options
DOADP
DOADP Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, :)

My name is Emma, I'm 22, and I have ME (a.k.a. CFS) as a result of viral meningitis which I contracted at age 14. I walk around my apartment, but use a rollator for things like visiting the local shops, and my powered wheelchair for everything else.

I graduated in BSc Nutrition (Hons) 1st class from the University of Leeds last year, and on Monday will be joining the medical research department there as a Data Management Assistant, making sure data for studies is complete and lacks mistakes. I live with my fiance in our city centre flat, and we are getting married in December.

I am also a blogger and writer, with my main project being Diary of a Disabled Person. I try to look at the humourous sides of using a wheelchair, but also use my sarcasm to highlight inadequacies in provisions for disabled people, sometimes in the form of short stories with exaggerated scenarios. Please do check it out and subscribe if you like it! [https://diaryofadisabledperson.blog/]
I noticed that this week's main topic is disabled employment; this Sunday's blog post is actually about job hunting while disabled, so it seems pretty relevant!

I will now stop waffling; and if you've made it to the end of this post, thank you.
All the best,
Emma (DOADP)

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.