unfriendly housing team — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

unfriendly housing team

l15pxx
l15pxx Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I've just come across Scope and have been reading lots of posts.
I'm looking for some reassurance and help please if anyone's been in a similar situation. 
I live in a Housing association adapted property, i have mobility problems and complex PTSD, as well as lots of other issues. The other tenants aren't very considerate to the fact I'm disabled and often do things that cause me harm....Blocking my door, blocking in my mobility car, locking the main front door,  leaving rubbish on the ramp, leaving spills outside my door. I've reported these to the HA who haven't done anything and now I'm being penalized for complaining, they sent me a letter stating i need to be tolerant to these issues. But its stopping me getting in and out of my home.  I don't know what to do. Thank you

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @l15pxx and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear the problems you are having the housing association’s apparent lack of action. Without knowing who is responsible there is little they can do, but I would have expected a letter to be sent to everyone, including yourself, regarding at least some of these issues.

If you have not done so yet I would suggest keeping a diary of these events.

What you can do if you feel nothing is being done is lodge a formal 1st stage complaint. Include the incidents that have taken place, and how these have affected you. I would also raise the issue of health and safety, for example, your ability to escape a fire, the increased chances of vermin if rubbish is left on the ramp or spills are not cleared up etc. If you have photo evidence then include these.

Your landlord's website should tell you where to send formal complaints and you may find it useful to ask for their complaints procedure so you know what to expect and the usual timelines for acknowledgement and response.

I hope you get it sorted out.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @l15pxx, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experiences, it must be endlessly frustrating for you to have to put up with these issues. You've had some really good advice from @Geoark, and escalate your complaint to the next level. Good luck, and please do let us know how you get on!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.