Home assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home assessment

rosiejoe
rosiejoe Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
Hi I help a few people deal with the bureaucracy of home assessment ESA but I'm ready to lose it with health assessment staff   I have provided requested doctors letters stating that a home visit is necessary. I had to get these faxed! they don't take email! They also say their calls not recorded?and that they are DWP employees( I don't know if that is true) Mental health, anxiety severe IBS agoraphobia. My son has attended hospital and gp appointments and they say this is grounds to attend, although PIP did do HA. They ask for gp letters and then totally disregard GPS recommendations. They moved centres away from this area to Marylebone, on 3rd floor. We didn't turn up.we gave reasons and case upheld. Now another appointment set.i feel like I'm on a merry go around. Same thing with another person I also help but she is nearly 65! Some advice re legalities would be appreciated. The most vulnerable being abused in my opinion. Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.