Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi I help a few people deal with the bureaucracy of home assessment ESA but I'm ready to lose it with health assessment staff I have provided requested doctors letters stating that a home visit is necessary. I had to get these faxed! they don't take email! They also say their calls not recorded?and that they are DWP employees( I don't know if that is true) Mental health, anxiety severe IBS agoraphobia. My son has attended hospital and gp appointments and they say this is grounds to attend, although PIP did do HA. They ask for gp letters and then totally disregard GPS recommendations. They moved centres away from this area to Marylebone, on 3rd floor. We didn't turn up.we gave reasons and case upheld. Now another appointment set.i feel like I'm on a merry go around. Same thing with another person I also help but she is nearly 65! Some advice re legalities would be appreciated. The most vulnerable being abused in my opinion. Thanks
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.