Industrial disablement benefit and C.B ESA: arrears? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Industrial disablement benefit and C.B ESA: arrears?

maxter
maxter Community member Posts: 12 Listener
would also claiming industrial disablement benefit along with contribution based  e.s.a affect any arrears i would recieve from,i changed over from incapacity benefit in 2011 and recieved a phone call and filled out a form on the 16th july and heard nothing since.been ten weeks now and still none the wiser

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maxter
    Welcome to the community! I am unsure however another member of the community may be able to help you and will be in contact with you soon. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • maxter
    thank a lot ami
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maxter

I have asked @BenefitsTrainingCo to take a look at your question to see if they can help :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @BenefitsTrainingCo said:

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) does count as income for income related ESA (IR ESA) so from the point the IIDB commences, the IR ESA will be reduced.  The contribution based ESA is not effected.  I do not know exactly when the IIDB was claimed, but the maximum backdate possible is 3 months from date of claim.  Therefore if the enquirer is expecting arrears of IR ESA back to 2011, the majority of the arrears should be payable in full, assuming they have had no other income/capital in that time which would effect them.  However, from the start of the IIDB claim, the IR ESA would be reduced due to this new income.

The Government indicated people should not wait more than 12 weeks from applying for the IR ESA so I would advise this is chased up by your enquirer in the next week or two.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • maxter
    its twelve weeks today so i phoned them up and was told my claim was still being processed and they would write to me if any arrears were due,still no further forward
  • maxter

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.