Change of circumstances — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Change of circumstances

kaza814 Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I was on basic living pip but due to a change in circumstances (for the worse) and my ot nnow recommending that I don't drive manual cars I made them aware of my change and they send me the form out to fill out again.
I completed the form and sent away my evedince but it's now been 7weeks and I haven't heard anything back. Not a face to face interview date nothing. I'm terrified to phone them but gradually building up to it. Has anybody else been in a similar situation and had a good outcome or not needed a face to face?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,369 Disability Gamechanger

    Reporting a change of circumstances is always risky and you should always get advice before doing so. Not being able to drive a manual car doesn't mean you should be award more PIP. Most people have face 2 face assessments, whether it's a review, new claim or change of circumstances. Waiting times for assessments depend on backlog in your area. 7 weeks really isn't that long at all.
    Did you send support evidence with the form? They rarely contact anyone for this.
  • kaza814
    kaza814 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    It's more than just driving I have eds and my joints now dislocate every day and my shoulder does not stay in place. I now can't stand up from the couch without my knees dislocating. 
    Yes I sent off supporting documents from ot ortho rheumatology cardiology neurology and pain clinic as well as a daily diary and letters from family members and my ot
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,845 Connected
    Yes but had those changes been in place for 3 months before you reported the change and which specific points did you think they would alter? If they’ve not been happening for 3 months then there’s nothing to be done until they have she you have started a review process for nothing.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.