The Right Employer — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Right Employer

Options
BenH
BenH Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2018 in Work and employment
Hello,

I have a mild form of cerebral palsy that affects the right-side of my body, but having this disability hasn't stopped me from working in retail for almost 12 years. Now I need a job where I can become more independent.

I would say I'm physically and mentally capable of doing lots of different types of jobs, but would prefer to be in an office environment. Only thing is, I lack experience.

Does anyone know of any employers more likely to give someone like me a chance?

If anybody knows of any employer or anyone that could help, I would be truly grateful!

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Kind regards,

Ben

Comments

• Ren_Scope
    Ren_Scope Scope Posts: 24 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Ben, as you have mentioned you have a mild form of Cerebral Palsy and you have been holding down a retail position for many years, your only real barrier would be the fact that you do not have any office based experience.  I would advise you to find some voluntary work if possible, maybe just a day a week, just to get some experience under your belt.  Is this something you would consider?
    Ren
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.