ESA tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

ESA tribunal

pinksquare Member Posts: 2 Listener
I have three weeks to go to my esa tribunal, and am concerned as it is really stressing me out, 
I  am speaking with my doctor in order to write me a letter ,  and am also wondering who can represent me as I do not think I can do this alone

welcome any advice
thank you


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,390 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pinksquare   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.  I would advise have a look at our benefit information.  Employment issues, Finance and ESA for further advice.

    As for evidence and someone to represent you.  You have contacted your Doctor any other would be copies of reports and other medical information.

    To represent you at a tribunal.

    Also look at any one who knows you like a friend or family.

    Hope that helps.

    We are a supportive friendly community. Care and share.

    Please ask if we can advise on anything some one will know.

    Please take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,907 Disability Gamechanger

    As your Tribunal date is just 3 weeks time then it's highy unlikely that you'll be able to find anyone to represent you at such short notice. Do you have anyone that can go with you for support on the day? Maybe a friend or family member.

    Any extra evidence you have must be sent to HCMTS to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing date, otherwise it may not be used as evidence.

    I found this link about Tribunals, which may help.

    Good luck.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.

Online employment support

Support to Work is an online and telephone support programme for disabled people who are looking for work.