Guessing outcome from report- can anyone help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Guessing outcome from report- can anyone help?

feeney
feeney Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I asked for my report from ESA interview, after receiving advice on here about a long wait for outcome... 

I did as suggested and after receiving it i am still unsure what it may mean, can anyone help?
THE CLIENT WAS FOUND TO MEET THE CRITERIA FOR limited capability for work AND work related activity

what does it mean and what may it financially, mean ESA wise? It also suggests 'medium term' review. I am so confused as i am applying for contributory esa, which i thought i could only get for a year...

Is anyone out there able to suggest whatthis may all mean please?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This recommends the Support Group for ESA. Medium term could be 2 years before review but for ESA they can reassess you at anytime. Contributions based ESA Support Group is paid for as long as you remain in that group and not for just 365 days.

Support Group Contributions based is £110.75 per week. If you're on assessment rate at the moment at the decision maker goes with the report and usually they do then you'll be backdated money to the 14th week of your claim. If your claim hasn't yet reached the 14th week then your money will increase from then, providing the decision is Support Group of course. You will have to wait for the decision. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • feeney
    feeney Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thanks (again) for the speedy reply Poppy!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.