Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA and child tax credit

blondie591blondie591 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello,
i am currently claiming PIP and child tax credit but I have won a tribunal with ESA. Can I claim them all? Which ones should I be claiming and what do I do now for the best. 
Thank you xx

Replies

• sophella8sophella8 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Yes you can claim all as i do also if anyone cares for you they can claim carers allowance if you live alone you get a disability premium onto your esa because you get pip. Hope this helps
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello,
    i am currently claiming PIP and child tax credit but I have won a tribunal with ESA. Can I claim them all? Which ones should I be claiming and what do I do now for the best. 
    Thank you xx
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what you mean by can' you claim them all? A PIP award will not get you anymore child tax credit because the PIP is yours and child tax credits is for your child. To claim the severe disability premium on top of your ESA will totally depend on your circumstances... do you live alone or with a partner?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • blondie591blondie591 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for your help. I’m new to all this and it’s a minefield. I’ve givem all my details etc to the ESA and fingers x’d they’ll sort it out. Take care. Xx
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    If you've recently had a Tribunal decision in your favour then you won't be able to claim any extra money until DWP accept the decision and send you the award letter. This can take anything up to 8 weeks and sometimes longer.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.