Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What benefits are taxable

gillian29gillian29 Member Posts: 36 Courageous
gillian29, I get pip which is not taxable and I get employment and support allowance which is £127.15 a week,when it’s broken down I get £73.10 living expenses,and £16.40 disability income guarantee,£37.65 because I’m in the support group,which all adds up to £127.15,which parts is taxable.

Replies

• atlas46atlas46 Member Posts: 827 Pioneering
    Hi @gillian29

You will not pay any tax, as your tax allowance for this financial year is £11,850.

• gillian29gillian29 Member Posts: 36 Courageous
    atlas46,i know I have a tax allowance which is £11,850,I wasn’t asking because of that.im trying to apply for warm home front discount.Now my son is over 18 I’m not entitled to it unless there is less than £16.000 coming from my taxable benefits and my sons work,I don’t know which part of my benefits are taxable
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Your sons income isn’t counted for the warm Home discount because his income isn’t yours, it’s his. The same reason as his income isn’t counted for your ESA. Your ESA is Income Related and this alone will qualify you for WHD for most energy suppliers. Hope this helps.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • gillian29gillian29 Member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi @poppy123456, thanks for your advice,many thanks Gillian 
Sign in or join us to comment.