Assessment coming up — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment coming up

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi I had a phone call from someone from PiP asking if it would be better for my son to have a home vist I'm his appointee so said yes of course it would be. After reading all these horror stories Im more stressed than ever.
Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Gee what are they up to?
    Offering a choice of venue - home or assessment centre. Most people wanting a home appointment have to fight for it with some still being refused.

The smiling assassin comes to mind!
  • Firefly123
    Yes im thinking the same after reading all the people who had to fight for a home vist. Said they will call back in a few days with a date and time 
  • Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    I did not have to fight for a home visit. I received a letter telling me that the Assessor from ATOS would call on me at 10.00 Thursday 14 December 2017. If I wished to change the date or time, just ring the DWP. The Assessor actually came from Birmingham, and ATOS were paying for to stay in an Hotel in Norwich for a week. Obviously they had a lot of PIP claims or assessments outstanding.  If they offered you a home visit grab it with both hands.  Good luck.
  • Firefly123
    Yes I did as getting him there would be a nightmare said they are capita 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    I didn’t have to fight for a home assessment for my daughter either. It was put on the form that a Home assessment was needed and less than 2 weeks after returning the form a letter arrived with a date for a home assessment. No letter from her GP was needed, they agreed based on the evidence I sent. Good luck with your sons claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Thanks everyone there seems to be no clear rules for pip also got a letter yesterday as my daughter is now 16 and would I like to apply for pip for her so I guess by the end I will be more educated. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks everyone there seems to be no clear rules for pip also got a letter yesterday as my daughter is now 16 and would I like to apply for pip for her so I guess by the end I will be more educated. 
    The vast majority of PIP claimants and even though I am 70 and have been through 3 assessments/reviews and now removed from the system just muddle through on their own without accessing any face to face help or advice along the way.
    You tend to learn as you go along hoping that you don't make the same mistakes twice.
  • Firefly123
    Yes I guess so. will see what happens on the day thanks 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.