Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Water metre and no help for incontinence on ESA Contributory allowance

suzieBsuzieB Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2018 in Disabled people
I applied for Thames water Watersure help but was refused due to  being on   ESA contributory  and also on Severe Disability allowance.My story is that i did an apprenticeship so never paid hardly an tax or insurance so can only get Contributory not means tested.Then had to have a spinal operation which was unsuccessful   and left me with incontinence and mobility issues as well as chronic pain.Our water bills have been monitored  and when we go completely over to a metre which we don't have any choice  of we are using the same amount as of  5 people in our home and there only being 2 of us.So i applied for help and have been refused.I will now have to sit in soiled clothing, limit my showers and cleanliness  and cut back on my clothes and bedding washing.I am being penalised for being Disabled and now am going to STINK.In this day and age we are going backwards and not forwards and my quality of life is being  taken out of my hands.I dont mind paying more but to pay 4 times more than i am currently paying is not acceptable because of my disability and grossly unfair. My husband who also has sever IBS and is working would be better off not working but tries his hardness to live with his condition  and work but any one that suffers from this will know that the chain has to be pulled and sometimes twice,So as you can see our lives are going to be miserable thanks to  no help from Thames water.

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.