Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Water metre and no help for incontinence on ESA Contributory allowance
I applied for Thames water Watersure help but was refused due to being on ESA contributory and also on Severe Disability allowance.My story is that i did an apprenticeship so never paid hardly an tax or insurance so can only get Contributory not means tested.Then had to have a spinal operation which was unsuccessful and left me with incontinence and mobility issues as well as chronic pain.Our water bills have been monitored and when we go completely over to a metre which we don't have any choice of we are using the same amount as of 5 people in our home and there only being 2 of us.So i applied for help and have been refused.I will now have to sit in soiled clothing, limit my showers and cleanliness and cut back on my clothes and bedding washing.I am being penalised for being Disabled and now am going to STINK.In this day and age we are going backwards and not forwards and my quality of life is being taken out of my hands.I dont mind paying more but to pay 4 times more than i am currently paying is not acceptable because of my disability and grossly unfair. My husband who also has sever IBS and is working would be better off not working but tries his hardness to live with his condition and work but any one that suffers from this will know that the chain has to be pulled and sometimes twice,So as you can see our lives are going to be miserable thanks to no help from Thames water.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.