miserable and fed up. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

miserable and fed up.

Options
lizzie55
lizzie55 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
i lost my appeal for the mobility part of PIP. Devastated to say the least, still find it hard to believe I was awarded this on DVLA and my illnesses have progressed but I now cannot claim it.
i suffer from Sero negative rheumatoid arthritis, Cardiomyopathy , COPD, and now have the diagnosis of type 2 Diabetes.   Because I push myself to keep going, as moving is good for all these conditions, I am penalised.  
Sick of it all! 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Join the club!
    And as you say because you adapt to your issues as I do and try to live as normal a life as possible, you are seen to not be as disabled as you make out.
    I too could sit down and wallow in my inabilities and show the world how I really am - but who wants to be around people like that?

I have a 'can do' attitude and despite pain, tiredness and feeling ill most of the time still manage to push myself into voluntary working more hours than the average working person does in a week.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this @lizzie55 :(
  • lucy14
    lucy14 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Options
    Feel for you both...I'm the same push myself to the limit rather than sit and wallow..moving is good for me too..I work and try to keep active.
    I have yet to claim pip, form is on its way but know I won't qualify under the new rules.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lucy14 said:
    Feel for you both...I'm the same push myself to the limit rather than sit and wallow..moving is good for me too..I work and try to keep active.
    I have yet to claim pip, form is on its way but know I won't qualify under the new rules.
    As I have said before, hope for the best but plan for the worst

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.