Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

About DLA and UC

soso92soso92 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2018 in Universal Credit
Hi I wondered if anyone can help me? I'm on UC not working due to my daughters disabilities. Thursday i won the tribunal which has been accepted for lower rate mobility and higher rate care to start from 17th January. I spoke to UC who advised to make a change of circumstances online which I did and I had a response earlier saying there's no DLA pay on there and to amend my changes is that because it's too soon on their system? Also who else do I Need to notify? 

Does anyone no what I'm actually entitled to now as I have no idea or usually how long it takes for them to make payments or back date it? 

Sorry for so many questions- hope im in the correct place. 

S x


  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,736 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @soso92 welcome to the community!

    Unfortunately, I am unable to advise however there are many knowledgeable members in the community who will be more than happy to help you.

    Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • soso92soso92 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hiya babe, Thankyou for your reply. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    As the decision from the Tribunal was only made last Thursday then it can take 6 weeks and more sometimes to pay any backdated money and to update the system for payments to start. This is because DWP have the same chance as we do to appeal the decision but to do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons from the Tribunal and then they have to find an error in law in making the decision. They have 28 days to request this. Mostly they don't but it can and does happen.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.